Our philosophy is to create athletic opportunities for kids that create enjoyment and teach skills useful for an entire lifetime.
A few reminders when attending games:
- For the safety of younger children not participating, children should be supervised and sit with parents.
- The bouncing of balls in the stands and hallways is not allowed
- Parents and students are expected to follow a code of conduct that is supportive and also respectful of other teams, referees, coaches, and players
Hartland Lakeside sports are considered extracurricular and recreational. They are designed for all students to be able to participate in athletic opportunities with their peers. Athletes and families will be held to expectations that require commitment, responsibility, and positive behavior.
- Building self-esteem and students being part of a team where everyone supports and encourages each other
- Learning sports skills, improving physical conditioning, developing good health habits, and avoiding injuries
- Learning to control their emotions and developing feelings of self-worth
- Learning cooperation in a competitive context and appropriate standards of behavior
- Integrating student leadership skills beyond athletics into school and the surrounding communities
Students and parents are expected to comply with the guidelines below. Spectators and students that violate these expectations may result in a player being benched and/or spectator(s) being asked to leave the game.
- Students and parents are expected to be respectful during practices and/or games.
- Coaches are in charge of making decisions and the organization and operation of the team.
- Students are not to be oppositional and argumentative with the coach.
- Spectators need to be respectful during games and follow proper procedures below for questions and/or concerns.
- Boisterous behavior and shouting inappropriately at officials and coaches will not be tolerated.
The Proper Method To Address A Concern:
The athlete speaks with the coach. Parents should help their child prepare to discuss his/her concerns with the coach, to empower them to take responsibility.
If the discussion between the athlete and the coach does not resolve the concern, the parent should schedule a conversation with the coach (with the student-athlete present). Please do not approach a coach before or after a game to address the concern. If the coach cannot be reached, the parent should contact the Athletics Director and he will arrange for the coach to contact the parent.
If the conversation between the parent/athlete and coach does not resolve the concern, there will be a meeting set up by the Athletics Director, who will moderate the meeting.
If there is no resolution, the parent must put in writing his/her concern(s) and submit it to the District Superintendent. The District Superintendent will meet with the parent(s) in an effort to resolve the concern(s).
It is our goal and expectation that students and parents enjoy the athletics activities, have fun, and encourage the efforts of all players.
WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Soccer – Shin Guards (outdoor soccer shoes optional)
Flag football – Mouth Guard
2. Change of clothes: Students will be allowed time to get ready for their school day. Include an extra pair of dry socks, and even a change of shoes.
3. A duffle bag: To hold all of the stuff
4. Plastic bags: To put wet stuff in when practices and games are over
5. Medications: Have a plan with the school nurse. Inhalers and Epi-pens should be easy for coaches to access.
6. Water bottle and snack: To have after practice and games. Please follow the district food policy!
“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
“Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.” Mike Singletary
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.” Vince Lombardi
District Wide Cross Country Results 2022:
Arrowhead Cross Country Fun Run:
Girls 1st & 2nd Grade Half Mile Run
Olivia N: 4th Place
Katie K. L.: 9th Place
Boys 3rd & 4th Grade Half Mile Run
Cameron W: 7th Place
Emerson L: 9th place
Girls 5th & 6th Grade Mile Run
Audriana G: 3rd Place
Boys 7th & 8th Grade Mile Run
Liam G: 6th Place
Girls 7th & 8th Grade Mile Run
Megan E : 7th Place