Food Services » Free & Reduced Lunch

Free & Reduced Lunch

National School Lunch Program

The Hartland Lakeside School District serves meals every school day. All meals served must meet standards established by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. However, if a child has been determined by a doctor to have a disability and the disability would prevent the child from eating the regular school meal, this school will make any substitutions prescribed by the doctor. If a substitution is needed, there will be no extra charge for the meal. If you believe your child needs substitutions because of a disability, please get in touch with us for further information.
If you now get food stamps or Wisconsin Works (W-2) benefits, your child can get free meals. If your total household income is at or below the amounts on the income chart, your child can get free meals or reduced-price meals for 40 cents for lunch. If you have a foster child, that child may be eligible for benefits regardless of your income.
In order to be considered to receive a free or reduced price meal for your child, an application must be completed and returned to the district office or completed online.  For more information, please contact Maureen Lawler at [email protected] or 262-369-6780
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:[email protected].

Hartland/Lakeside School District is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Applications are also available in school offices, Hartland Public Library, and the Village of Hartland.